Wanted: A Videographer Rockstar to Travel & Shoot an Online TV Show
Do you love shooting video? Do you love to travel and seek adventure? Do you have the next 2 months free?
Looking for a naturally talented videographer, someone who knows how to shoot with a camera and has an innate ability to produce, shoot, and edit. A badass film student, a youtube savant, or just some undiscovered talent.
This will be a dream job for the right person. You get to travel for 2+ months (flights and lodging and food will be covered). You also get to be part of a spectacular project and go on wild adventures. You might also win an emmy or even the nobel peace price – who the flip knows? (If this is not you, perhaps you know someone who might fit this description that you can pass this page on to?)
Requirements: (in no particular order)
- A sense of adventure
- The next 2 or more months free
- A personality (Hear that Carson Daily? You’re not eligible!)
- Ability to roll with the punches (I won’t be punching you, but some kangaroo might as you’re trying to film me hugging it or something weird like that)
- Over 21 (we will find ourselves in bars, that’s a given)
- Have to be available to fly to New York City on August 20th, 2009 (see itinerary below)
- No vegetarians (It’s not really a requirement but I like a person who enjoys bacon)
- Willingness to sleep on the floor if need be or make a tourniquet out of their own shirt
- Knowledge of iMovie or Final Cut Pro or some similar video slice and dicer
- Real talent for knowing what to shoot, when to shoot, and how to put it together, edit it, and get it online while we’re on the road.
- Knowledge of camera equipment and microphones, setups, etc.
- No snoring
- Agreeable & not too crabby/cranky, even with little sleep
We will be producing 5-10 minute segments probably about 2-3 times per week. (We’ll experiment and see what works).
I will be buying an HD Camera – probably a Canon HFS10 Canon 5D Mark ii, a small 1st person cam for me to wear, and an underwater housing. We will be bringing a Macbook Pro for editing and any software we may need.
Some days it may be lobster and awesomeness, some days it may be a barely edible crap sandwich (if we find ourselves in London, say).
Airfare, cabs, buses, donkey, & ostrich rides, etc. will be covered. We’ll probably share a room wherever we stay, along with the guest host for the week.
How to Apply
Shoot and submit a video about or around your city (wherever you are, with whatever camera you have). Get creative. Interview a friend or stranger, splice it with shots of something fun/cool/unusual about wherever you are right now. Set at least a part of it to some music. It has to be 2-5 minutes, show off your editing abilities, and your style. Send a link to your video and a short “why you should be the one” email to email@example.com.
Submit your video by September 22nd, 2009 at noon EST. I will be picking the winner September 25th, 2009. YES, it will be fast & furious.
Itinerary so Far (subject to change)
Sept 8th – Madrid, Spain
Sept 14-17th – Ibiza, Spain
Sept 18-21st – Munich, Germany for beginning of Octoberfest
Sept 22nd – Sarasota, FL, USA
(Rest, pick videographer, and eat cookies)
October 2-5 Austin, TX for Austin City Limits
Oct 7th Munich, Germany
Oct 14th Prague, Czech Republic
The only downside to this (if you can even call it that) will be that you will be behind the camera shooting, and not necessarily participating in, all the craziness and excitement – directly.
If you have any questions, please submit them in the comments.
P.S. If you pass this along to your friends via email, facebook, twitter, etc. an angel gets its wings. Thank you!